Monday, September 24, 2007

Quick Perspective Sketches

Realizing I did not like how my brick was pasted to the front elevations of the studios and not allowed to go elsewhere, I have allowed the brick to wrap around the building in a gently sloping form, not typical to brick. The brick is underneath the second floor also, providing a surface for sliver shaped shadows to project. Next I will model the wrapping brick stair that will be consistant in language. In all of this, the glass is the back drop against which the brick moves. Considered entry slivers to pierce the projecting brick ledges. However, I think they are a bit too literal.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Where did this come from. It looks great keep pushing yourself to deviate from the normal. Everything is a possiblity.

werner said...

Anne, You are back in "boulder" mode. I like it. I don't think the piercing entries are too literal. However, I would carefully gage how much that arrow needs to come past the second floor (it might just go up 2/3 of the second story, break th esecond floor roof line by just a hair or go as far as you showed it). I think they need to be the same however. One of the dangers with highlighting the internal slivers is loosing th eactual slivers on eighter side of the building and in between.

Ken Ballard said...

Anne,

Ken Ballard said...

ahh, hit the enter key way to soon....

the brick does really start to move... very exciting. Don't tell anyone, but i agree with Werner... the slices are not to literal... they really signify entry... ...
all to often we forget about the entry, we know where it should be, where it leads, etc but there is not the celebration, I appaulde your gestures...